Monday, September 1, 2008

Waiting for TED

This week I'm hoping for Kelly at TED to get back to me regarding the three minute talk that I'm shooting for. It would be sooooo cool to get a mail which said "We think your project is really interesting and would love to give you a chance to present it at TED."... But then again, what are the odds? I mean, next year the theme of TED is "The Great Unveiling" and they sent out requests for projects and products that hasn't been presented before. You can imagine that they got quit a lot of answers on that request ;) But I'm still hoping for the best...

When we're on the subject of presenting... I attended a presentation workshop last week and saw myself present this project on video for the first time. My God, I'm ranting! I realized after this session that I have to be so much, much more structured then I am today when I talk about this. All the details are clear in my head and on paper, but I have to disregard them and present the big picture to get people on track with what it is we want to do... Some really clever colleges where in the room and they said afterwards that "Well, the first half of the presentation I got, but after that I kinda' lost you."... and that's not what you want to hear. At least I know what I did wrong and am able to change it to the better :)

On a different note Peter Neubauer is setting up a meeting with the Red Cross in Stockholm and I hope to get some great feedback from them. Hopefully they like what they see...

No comments: