Monday, October 13, 2008

Should I hope for TED or for Google's Project 10^100?

I am faced with a predicament... As man of you know, I have a chance to get up on the big stage at TED for a 3-minute talk. The 3-minute talks will be set now in mid October (yes, there has been delays) and because of this I don't know if I'll get to talk yet. The theme this year is "The Great Unveiling" and the talks will be focused on projects that has not been disclosed before. This might be a problem...

Google has started a project called "Project 10 to the 100th" which will fund projects that helps a large amount of people... like our project! The application is due on October 20th and Google (legit and to no surprise) claims the right to publish all applications... You see my problem now?

If comes the 20th and the 3-minute TED talks aren't set yet, what should I do? Should I bet on getting a spot at TED or getting funding from Google? Drop a comment and tell me what you think I should do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While TED is an outstanding platform for getting attention for your start-up and potential investors.. I still place my vote on Google, since it offers funding.

TED appears to be competitive on many more levels than purely by potential of results, as I would imagine they intend to captivate an audience.

You'd surely be able to perform an excellent presentation, Google could have a stronger focus on what I think is your start-ups primary strength.

Not being educated enough to fully appreciate the scope of these events however, I cannot claim my vote to be anything but In My Humble Opinion.