Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am a developer

This week has been a bit of an in-between week. I'm waiting for mails to be returned, the vacations to end for some of the people I have been in contact with and so on.

The main goal is to raise the funds needed to make this project real. Many of you might know that we have secured funds from Way Group which means that their excellent consultants will develop the system for no profit (which actually means "at loss" since all of their consultants are in profitable assignments most of the time). This means that Way Group will pitch in about half the cost of the system. The other half is what we're chasing at the moment...

Anyhow... Since I'm waiting for stuff and not really feeling that things are going forward with the fundraising this week I have opened up Eclipse (a Java development tool) for the first time in ages. Since my weapon of choice really is Java, I thought that I might as well define the domain model and the interface for the system's services in code... and I must say that it feels really good to create some pseudo-code which has only existed in my head or in documentation before. It's manageable and validating, somehow... I guess you can't take the code out of a developer :)

No comments: