Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm back

Well, it was quite a while since my last blog post and I've been a bit ashamed for that. My biggest fear is that I've scared away readers due to inactivity. I'll see If I can't do anything about that the coming days.

What is the status of the project, you're asking? To mention a few things I have
... had a coupe of days of semi-vacation,  meaning that I've tried only to answer mails and maintain contacts in need of maintenance. 

... applied to the Pop!Tech Social Innovations Fellows Program, and I've been told that I'll get an answer this week. 

... sent my presentation to TED and "applied" for a three-minute talk (I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but Rafe recommended me to talk at TED which was pretty flattering) and gotten great response from them. In September I'l know if I'll get up on stage or not at TED.

... formalized how the innovation should be handled from a foundation/company point of view, and I've registered domains matching these thoughts.

I'll try and summarize a couple of things later on in the blog, but right now I have to get some stuff out of my head and down on paper.


2 comments:

st33n said...

May I strongly suggest you read "Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Take Hold and Others Come Unstuck" by Dan and Chip Heath. It's an invaluable resource about how to present ideas to others so that they "stick" - i.e. are remembered and acted upon.

Just in case you have to present at TED - and good luck with that!

Mattias Ask said...

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll be sure to read it! If I get to present at TED, this is exactly what I want to achieve.